Keto Samoas Cookie
If you are a girl scout cookie fan then this low-carb, sugar-free Samoas recipe is the only one you will ever need! Samoas are crisp caramel cookies sprinkled with toasted coconut, and striped with dark chocolaty coating. You will be able to enjoy these fresh baked cookies with a homemade caramel sauce whenever your cravings call.
What you need:
For the cookies:
For the coconut-chocolate topping:
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) of butter, unsalted or salted
- 1/2 -3/4 cup Allulose sweetener, to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugarfree chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- salt, to tast
- Prepare the [No] Sugar Cookie Mix as directed on package.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate it for at least an hour. Chilling is required.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll out in between parchment paper, until 1/4" thick.
- Cut into circles with cookie cutter, or small cup. (To cut the circle in the center we use a frosting tip). Place 1" apart on prepared baking sheet. *If dough gets warm during prep process, chill in the freezer for 5 or more minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden. When ready, remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, prepare the coconut topping.
Prepare the coconut topping:
- Toast coconut flakes either in a 350°F oven or on the stovetop for 5-10 minutes until toasted, stirring frequently to not burn. Remove the toasted coconut from heat and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan on medium-low heat until golden brown. Once browned, add the allulose & heavy cream and whisk continuously until combined. Bring to gentle boil. You can stop whisking when the butter and allulose are combined and the butter does not separate. It should appear creamy and smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture bubbles and turns to a golden caramel color that is thick enough to coat back of your spoon.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Combine together the caramel and 1/2 cup of the toasted coconut flakes.
Assemble the Samoas Cookie:
- Once the cookies are ready, spoon the caramel-coconut mixture onto the cookies (you can use your fingers to shape and spread them) and dip the top of the cookies into the remaining coconut flakes you had set aside.
- Let the cookies cool for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan. You can also use a microwave and mix it in 30 second intervals.
- Dip the bottoms of the cookies in the chocolate and place them on parchment paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet. Use a fork to drizzle the tops with chocolate. Let the cookies sit until the chocolate hardens fully.