KETO SNOWBALL COOKIES
These round, bite sized butter cookies are filled with chopped nuts and are a Christmas must have! Even better, they are keto-friendly, lowcarb and sugar free!
What you need:
- 1 [No] Sugar Cookie Mix
- 8 tbsp butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted & finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toast the nuts for a few minutes and let cool.
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Combine the [No] Sugar Cookie Mix and ground nuts in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, vanilla & egg until creamy.
- In two parts, add dry mix to the butter mixture until combined.
- Take 1 tbsp dough and form into balls; keep round or flatten a bit.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350° and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 min or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then roll (while still warm) into powdered sweetener and place on a cooling rack. Repeat once more.
- Let cool completely before eating.