Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 batch Dough Mix , 1/2 bag
- 2 cups shredded mozerella
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar replacement
Maple Pecan Topping
- 1 cup pecans, toasted then chopped.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar replacement
- 2 tbsp maple syrup/flavoring*, optional
*For a lighter topping, use 3/4 cup pecans, 1/2 a stick of unsalted butter & 1/4 cup brown sugar replacement.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare one batch (1/2 the bag) of the Dough Mix as directed on package.
- Roll out dough on flat, nonstick surface (we like to use a silicon mat), with the palm of your hands into a rectangular shape about 1/4” thick. If using rolling pin, we recommend you place parchment paper on top of dough prior to rolling to avoid dough sticking.
- Prepare the filling in a bowl and spread it over the dough, careful to not tear it.
- Roll up dough tightly and cut into 8-12 equal sized rolls – use a very sharp knife or string to cut the roll. Begin in the center by cutting the roll in half, then cut each 1/4-1/2 into half and continue until you have 8-12 pieces. If using 8x8 square pan, cut into 16 smaller pieces to fit snuggly.
- Toast the pecans on the stove for about 8 minutes, remove, chop and place on bottom of your baking dish.
- Make the pecan topping by combining the butter and brown sugar replacement in a small saucepan. Heat until the ingredients are melted and the mixture starts to simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer for two minutes.
- Take the sauce off the heat and pour over pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until evenly brown on top and liquid is bubbling. Once the cinnamon rolls are removed from the oven allow them to rest for 15 minutes before turning them upside down on your serving plate.
- Serve and Enjoy!