Peach Pie Crumble
Welcome to the perfect summertime pie! This Peach Pie is keto-friendly from the crust to the crumble! Filled with a sugarfree homemade peach filling, the sweet peaches are topped with a cinnamon crumble layered on a buttery lowcarb crust made with the [No] Sugar Cookie Mix.
What you need:
For the Crust:
- [No] Sugar Cookie Mix
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
For the Filling:
- 4 cups of peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup brown sugar alternative
- 2 tablespoon allulose
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Crumble:
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp brown sweetener
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
*Recipe based on using an 8" pan. You can use a tart pan with a removable bottom, or a round pie pan.
- Prepare the homemade pie crust by combining the cookie mix with required butter.
- Press the dough into the pan with your fingers to mold to the pan. Freeze for about 30 minutes, meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350˚F with the rack in the middle.
- If using a tart pan with a removable bottom, place it on a rimmed baking sheet (to avoid the filling spilling out).
- Blind-bake the crust at 350˚F for about 15 minutes or until the crust is mostly baked through and very light golden in color. Optional: Line the inside of the crust with parchment paper and fill the inside with pie weights. If you don't have pie weights, you can also use dried beans or rice. This ensures that the crust bakes all the way through and prevents the bottom of the crust from getting soggy.
- Remove from the oven, remove the weights and parchment. If you did not use weights, lightly press down the center of the crust before filling.
Prepare the Filling
- While the crust is in the oven add your water, lemon juice, vanilla extract, brown sugar replacement, allulose, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and peaches to the sauce pan. Simmer for 7-10 minutes. This depends on how ripe your peaches are. You want them to get soft but not mushy.
- Once complete, remove from heat and put aside until ready to use.
- If storing for later, place them into glass jars and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Prepare the Crumble
- In as small bowl combine the almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon and avocado oil until you create crumbs then sprinkle on top of the peach filling.
Bake the Pie
- Add the pie filling to the crust and bake in a preheated 350˚F oven for about 30 minutes, or until the crust and crumble appears golden.
- Cool before serving.