Red Velvet Cupcakes
Who doesn't love cupcakes? Everyone will want seconds of these light, fluffy and Keto-friendly red velvet cupcakes topped with a dollop of cream cheese frosting!
What you need:
For the Cake:
- 1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Red food coloring, the more you add the brighter red you get
For the Frosting:
- 8-oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 2 tbsp liquid; milk, heavy cream, water for thinning
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Tear open one bag of the Classic Yellow Cake Mix into a medium bowl.
- Mix in cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Combine the wet ingredients; butter, egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, food coloring and mix until well blended.
- Divide batter equally into a 12-count lined muffin or cupcake pan 2/3 full.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan before transferring them onto a wire rack and frosting.