Enjoy this popular girl scout cookie without any guilt! A Tagalongs is a shortbread cookie on the inside, topped with peanut butter and coated with chocolate. Enjoy this keto-friendly, lowcarb, sugar and gluten free version!
What you need:
- 1 [No] Sugar Cookie Mix
- Peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (for half the cookie dough/about 12 cookies)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Prepare the [No] Sugar Cookie Mix as directed on package.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate it for at least an hour. Chilling is required.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll out in between parchment paper, until 1/4" thick. We used only 1/2 the cookie dough for this recipe.
- Cut into circles. Place 1" apart on prepared baking sheet. Make a thumbprint indent in the center of the cookies to hold the peanut butter. (Gently press with your finger or the back of a small measuring spoon) *If dough gets warm during prep process, chill in the freezer for 5 or more minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely (place in freezer for quicker cooling time).
- Once the cookies are ready, place a heaping 1/2 tsp of peanut butter in the center of the cookie and carefully spread to the edge of the cookie. Chill in the freezer for at 15 minutes. The peanut butter should be firm before dipping into the hot chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan. You can also use a microwave and mix it in 30 second intervals.
- Remove cookies from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate one by one, coating both sides.
- Once all of the cookies are covered in chocolate, transfer them back onto the parchment paper, careful the cookies don’t touch (the chocolate will stick them together)! Place the cookies in the fridge/freezer until completely set, about 15 minutes.
- Store these in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer.