Samoa Bunt Cake
You can now enjoy your favorite girl scout cookie in cake form! This Samoa cake AKA the best caramel coconut cake you will ever have is prepared with a moist keto yellow cake, flavored with toasted coconut, then topped with a homemade sugar free caramel, lots of toasted coconut and finished with a drizzle of sugar free chocolate.
What you need:
For the cake:
- 1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix (can also use the Chocolate Chip Cake Mix)
For the coconut-chocolate topping:
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) of butter, unsalted or salted
- 1/2 cup Allulose sweetener, to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugarfree chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- salt, to tast
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare the Classic Yellow Cake Mix as directed on package and fold 2 tbsp of the toasted coconut into cake batter.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before topping.
- While cake cools, prepare the coconut-caramel topping.
Prepare the caramel-coconut topping:
- Toast coconut flakes on the stovetop, in a pan, for 5-10 minutes until toasted, stirring frequently to not burn. Remove the toasted coconut from heat and set aside.
- For the caramel, melt the butter (use salted butter for a salted caramel) in a small sauce pan on medium-low heat until golden brown. Once browned, add the allulose & heavy cream and whisk continuously until combined. Bring to gentle boil. You can stop whisking when the butter and allulose are combined and the butter does not separate. It should appear creamy and smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture bubbles and turns to a golden caramel color that is thick enough to coat back of your spoon.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
Assemble the Cake:
- Once the cake is ready, spoon the caramel mixture onto the cake.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut flakes on top of the caramel.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan. You can also use a microwave and mix it in 30 second intervals.
- Drip the chocolate, as the last layer, over the cake. Cool the cake until ready to be served.