Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookie
These low carb and sugar free chocolate chip cookies with peppermint extract will easily be your new favorite Christmas cookie recipe!
What you need:
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Peppermint Bark syrup by Skinny Mixes, any extract would work.
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp milk
*For all extracts, customize it to your liking – add as much or as little as you like.
- Tear open one bag of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.
- Combine the cocoa powder, butter, egg and sugar free syrup until well blended.
- Freeze the cookie dough for at least 1 hour prior to baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scoop cookie dough onto the cookie tray using a medium cookie scoop. (If using another size you will have to adjust the baking time accordingly).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely prior to removing from the tray.
- While the cookies cool, prepare the chocolate frosting by combining all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl and melting in 20 second intervals, mixing in between.
- After cookies cool, spread the chocolate frosting on top of the cookie. You can also sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top for aesthetic purposes.