If you have yet to try grilled pizza, now is the time to do so! The smoke from the grill gives this keto pizza crust an amazing flavor. Top the crust with any of your favorite toppings, or none at all. For the image shown, we topped the grilled dough with sautéed eggplant and creamy ricotta cheese.
What You Need:
- 1 Dough Mix, will make 4 12-inch thin crust pies
- Desired Toppings; tomato paste for base
- Prepare the Dough Mix for pizza, as directed on the package. For 2 12-inch pizza's, prepare half the mix. Split dough in half prior to stretching.
- Roll each pie crust onto its own parchment paper. Use a tray/board to transfer the dough to and from the grill.
- Prepare your toppings. (see below for suggestions)
- Pre heat your grill to at least 350-400°F. The higher the temperature, the quicker it will brown.
- Make sure to have all of your toppings ready prior to placing the pizza dough on the grill. *The trick to grilled pizza is that you grill the plain dough first, on one side. Then flip it and top the grilled side with sauce and toppings.
- Place parchment paper and Dough on the heated grill for about 3-4 minutes with grill lid closed. Flip it, add your toppings and close grill lid.
- Once cheese is melted and you are satisfied with the crunch on the crust, remove from the grill and enjoy!
Some of our favorite pizza pies!
- Eggplant & Ricotta pizza: Cut eggplant into small squares and sauté lightly with avocado oil. After flipping first side of the crust on the grill, spread the tomato paste, add drops of ricotta, sautéed eggplant and shredded mozzarella cheese. Once cheese is melted remove. *Optional: sprinkle pizza seasoning & chili flakes on top.
- Pepperoni & Jalapeño pizza
- Grilled Garlic Bread: melt 1 stick of unsalted butter,1 tbsp parsley and 1 tbsp (or more) crushed garlic. Spread on each side prior to flipping.
- Taco Pizza: Brown ground beef with chopped onions, garlic, red pepper and salt. After flipping first side of the crust, spread a light layer of shredded cheese, top with ground meat & extra cheese. Once cheese is melted remove and scoop onto the center of the pizza salsa, sour cream, & guacamole. Drizzle with hot sauce if you like it spicy.