Keto Cranberry Upside Down Cake
This Keto Cranberry Upside Down Cake with a caramel cranberry topping is the perfect winter treat! Simply layer cranberries over a sweetener and butter combination which caramelizes as the cake bakes.
What you need
- 1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest, optional
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar replacement
Bake This Way
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter and mix brown sugar replacement. Spread on bottom of an 8x8 cake pan.
- Arrange cranberries on top.
- Prepare the Classic Yellow Cake Mix by combining the dry mix, 8 tbsp melted butter, 1/4 cup milk, and 2 eggs in a medium bowl. Pour cake batter on top of cranberries.
- Pour cake batter on top of cranberries.
- Bake cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When ready, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool a little before turning upside down. About 15 minutes. Make sure to turn the cake out before the caramel cools down
- Place your cake plate over the pan, hold sides tight and flip for a beautiful upside down cake!