Low Carb Tandy Cakes
Enjoy a keto copycat version of the original Tastykake, Tandy Cake! A classic chocolate peanut butter treat, can now be enjoyed with the Classic Yellow Cake Mix, low carb, sugar & gluten free. The bottom layer is a fluffy yellow cake, baked in a jelly roll pan then topped with a layer of peanut butter and chocolate frosting.
What you need:
- Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar free dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare Cake Mix as directed on the package.
- Bake in a prepared jelly roll pan for 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before topping.
- While the cake is warm, use an icing spatula to spread the peanut butter over the surface of the entire cake. If the peanut butter is not easily spreadable, warm it up and mix it for a creamy consistency. Allow the cake to cool completely before adding the chocolate layer.
- For the chocolate, melt the chocolate chips & coconut oil on the stovetop or in the microwave for 30 second intervals mixing in between, until smooth and spreadable. Frost the cake after it has cooled completely. Cool cake in the fridge for faster cooling.
*Optional: If you prefer chocolate cake, you can also enjoy this recipe by preparing the cake layer with the Chocolate Cake Mix.