Lemon Meringue Bars
Looking for something tart, tasty and keto-friendly? Check out this super simple recipe for a delicious lowcarb and sugar free lemon bar made with the Classic Yellow Cake Mix and Keto Chow’s Lemon Meringue Mix!
What you need:
- 1/2 bag of the Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 pack lemon meringue mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, combine half the Classic Yellow Cake Mix,1 tbsp lemon meringue mix, and butter.
- Press the crust on the bottom of a 8x8 pan that has been oiled or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove the crust from oven and begin to prepare the lemon custard.
- For the lemon custard combine the lemon juice, powdered sweetener, eggs and 4 tbsp of the lemon meringue mix.
- Pour the custard on top of the crust and bake for another 30-35 minutes (until it’s set).
- Remove from oven and cool in fridge at least 2 hours prior to serving
* You can also prepare the crust using the [No] Sugar Cookie Mix.