Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Wow your friends and family with this super easy classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake that is keto-friendly, lowcarb, sugar free, grain free and gluten free! The caramelized top and moist yellow cake delivers on looks and flavor!
What you need
- 1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter; split into 8 tbsp & 4 tbsp portions, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar replacement
- fresh pineapple, 4 slices
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Melt 4 tbsp unsalted butter and mix with 1/2 cup brown sugar replacement. Spread on bottom of an 8x8 cake pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices on top. If using canned pineapple, make sure to drain the juice before lining the pan by placing on a paper towel.
- Prepare the Classic Yellow Cake Mix by combining the dry mix, 8 tbsp melted butter, 1/4 cup milk, and 2 eggs in a medium bowl. Pour cake batter on top of pineapple.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When ready, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool before turning upside down. About 20 minutes.
- Place your cake plate over the pan, hold sides tight and flip for a beautiful upside down cake!